Translate

Monday 4 August 2014

Exclusive Interview with Silvija Sheilaite

Striking a pose Silvija Sheilaite
Well it’s been a long wait but were back with an exclusive interview with the amazingly beautiful Silvija Sheilaite. Known for her piercing good looks and super toned physique Silvija has graced podiums and featured in catalogues the world over. Now here in the Command House studios we finally get a chance to sit down and talk about all things Sheilaite.
Silvija you’ve modelled now a few years, how would you describe your experiences?
Every minute can be a new experience when there is a camera on you. I try to be myself and bring my own energy into the photos. I hope that people can see this. I’ve met many interesting people and I’ve learned much in this time that I’m sure will be a benefit for me in the future.
How did you start modelling?
I was spotted by a model scout at the time that approached me for this work. I wanted to try modelling, for me fashion is very interesting and I have a passion to learn how things work, so it was a great opportunity to learn something I love.
How would you describe your style?
I dress how I’m feeling so I don’t have a specific style. I can dress smart, simple or sporty, every style has its own interesting detail.
From the photo shoots you have modelled so far do you have a personal favourite you feel brought out the best in you?
All the shoots I have been on have their own unique feel but if I was to pick a favourite it would be my first photo shoot with Command House where I had the opportunity to work with the photographer Simon Howard of SNH FOTO (snhfoto.com). He knows the industry well and he really made me feel at ease the whole time.
What do enjoy the most about modelling?
The fun part for me is everything you do before the shoot happens, the preparation, the make up, these things I really enjoy. It’s funny for me sometimes how much clothes you have to change also, sometimes we are wearing more clothes in one event than usually you wear in normal week.
How would you describe your ideal atmosphere when you’re on assignments?
Of course it should be a relaxing atmosphere, we joke, we have fun, we try to make things as calm as possible otherwise it can be difficult.
Do you have any turn offs about modelling?
I wouldn’t say turn offs, I really enjoy modelling. In fact if you can say something I don’t like it’s when the photo shoot ends. Even if I am tired every shoot for me is a big experience and I’m happy to be a part of it.
What would you say that you look for in your ideal photographer?
Obviously I like to work with someone who really knows their work and what they want, someone who explains how to be better in the moment with the vision that they have. It can sometimes be strange for me when a photographer just asks that I stand and pose with no instruction. I like to have a connection with what they expect and what I can give them. For example when I work with yourselves (Command House) I like how things are made, everything is explained to me what is needed from me and how correctly I can do that. I like to know the vision, and when I know what is expected I can give my best.
Has modelling changed the way you look at life?
I wouldn’t call it change but it has given me focus, I’ve seen different styles, the attitude and presence of people in this work. If I see someone has something useful that I need to improve then always I try to learn this.

Where do you see yourself in a year’s time and what are your future plans?

Well this year has been very important for me with work and my personal life. For sure I plan to compete, modelling has given me a great confidence to participate in my events and to be successful. What I learn in fashion I try to bring into my fitness and bodybuilding and vice versa, so it will continue to be this way in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment